Olney&Mansion
21,00 square feet
Therapeutic Spa
The Olney Mansion, located in the Tremont Historic District of Cleveland was built in 1870. The Galley addition was later built in 1892 as the first public art gallery in Cleveland. Before the Gallery addition, the mansion was originally owned by Thomas Lamson and his wife Abigail. After Lampson’s death Abigail remarried in 1887 to Professor Charles F. Olney. Together, Charles and Abigail started the Gallery which opened in 1893.

The Gallery was designed by Coburn and Barnum, a highly influential architectural firm during this time.
They designed buildings for Case Institute of Technology, Western Reserve University, Oberlin College, and homes along Euclid Avenue's Millionaires Row. The Gallery closed in 1907 and the majority of the collection was donated to Oberlin College.

The Olney Mansion and Gallery has subsequently served many occupants over the years, first as The Ukrainian National Home in the 1930's' and then later as a Puerto Rican social hall. Currently Grace Hospital owns the property and has since 1990. JERA has been working with the hospital to restore the mansion and gallery into a therapeutic spa.